Fourth man arrested in connection with Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
Detectives investigating the murder of a Barking man who was beaten to death in Ilford have made a further arrest.
A 29-year-old man was held on suspicion of the murder of Sandel Serbu by officers last night.
Sandel, a Romanian national who was also known by the nicknames Sorin and Braileanu, was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Detectives were called to the scene at around 2.50am where he was found suffering from critical injuries. He died in hospital.
Ionut Vasile, 27, from Ilford, has been charged with Sandel’s murder and appeared before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.