Fourth man arrested in connection with Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
Detectives investigating the murder of a Barking man who was beaten to death in Ilford have made a further arrest.
A 29-year-old man was held on suspicion of the murder of Sandel Serbu by officers last night.
Sandel, a Romanian national who was also known by the nicknames Sorin and Braileanu, was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Detectives were called to the scene at around 2.50am where he was found suffering from critical injuries. He died in hospital.
Ionut Vasile, 27, from Ilford, has been charged with Sandel’s murder and appeared before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
- 1 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 2 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 5 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 More than £1m funding towards work tackling health inequalities
- 8 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 9 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.