Fourth man arrested in connection with Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
Detectives investigating the murder of a Barking man who was beaten to death in Ilford have made a further arrest.
A 29-year-old man was held on suspicion of the murder of Sandel Serbu by officers last night.
Sandel, a Romanian national who was also known by the nicknames Sorin and Braileanu, was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Detectives were called to the scene at around 2.50am where he was found suffering from critical injuries. He died in hospital.
Ionut Vasile, 27, from Ilford, has been charged with Sandel’s murder and appeared before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.