Fourth man arrested in connection with Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
Detectives investigating the murder of a Barking man who was beaten to death in Ilford have made a further arrest.
A 29-year-old man was held on suspicion of the murder of Sandel Serbu by officers last night.
Sandel, a Romanian national who was also known by the nicknames Sorin and Braileanu, was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Detectives were called to the scene at around 2.50am where he was found suffering from critical injuries. He died in hospital.
Ionut Vasile, 27, from Ilford, has been charged with Sandel’s murder and appeared before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.