Fourth man arrested in connection with Shammi Atwal death
A fourth man arrested on suspicion of murder and robbery in connection with the death of Shammi Atwal has been bailed until December.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Wednesday (23).
Three other men have been charged in connection with the incident after Mr Atwal died when he was pushed under a moving lorry on October 14.
The father-of-two was pursuing a gang of armed men who robbed his store, Glen & Co Cash & Carry, in River Road, Barking.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Newham, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking appeared in custody at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday, October 21, charged with manslaughter and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Both were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking, has been charged with conspiracy to rob and has been remanded in custody until November 4.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
- 10 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports