Fourth man arrested in connection with Shammi Atwal death
A fourth man arrested on suspicion of murder and robbery in connection with the death of Shammi Atwal has been bailed until December.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Wednesday (23).
Three other men have been charged in connection with the incident after Mr Atwal died when he was pushed under a moving lorry on October 14.
The father-of-two was pursuing a gang of armed men who robbed his store, Glen & Co Cash & Carry, in River Road, Barking.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Newham, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking appeared in custody at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday, October 21, charged with manslaughter and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Both were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking, has been charged with conspiracy to rob and has been remanded in custody until November 4.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs