Fourth man arrested in connection with Shammi Atwal death
A fourth man arrested on suspicion of murder and robbery in connection with the death of Shammi Atwal has been bailed until December.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Wednesday (23).
Three other men have been charged in connection with the incident after Mr Atwal died when he was pushed under a moving lorry on October 14.
The father-of-two was pursuing a gang of armed men who robbed his store, Glen & Co Cash & Carry, in River Road, Barking.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Newham, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking appeared in custody at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday, October 21, charged with manslaughter and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Both were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking, has been charged with conspiracy to rob and has been remanded in custody until November 4.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot