Fourth man arrested in connection with Shammi Atwal death
A fourth man arrested on suspicion of murder and robbery in connection with the death of Shammi Atwal has been bailed until December.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Wednesday (23).
Three other men have been charged in connection with the incident after Mr Atwal died when he was pushed under a moving lorry on October 14.
The father-of-two was pursuing a gang of armed men who robbed his store, Glen & Co Cash & Carry, in River Road, Barking.
Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Newham, and Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking appeared in custody at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday, October 21, charged with manslaughter and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Both were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 4.
Farhan Sheikh, 38, of Thornhill Gardens, Barking, has been charged with conspiracy to rob and has been remanded in custody until November 4.
- 1 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 2 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 3 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 4 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 8 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history