Fourth person found guilty of manslaughter of Dagenham man
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who fled the country following the death of a Dagenham man was found guilty of his manslaughter on Friday.
Anton Levin, 24, from Dagenham, was stabbed and a second man was injured during the incident in St Ann’s Road, Southend, in November 2014.
Abdulfatah Suleiman, 28, was arrested in Norway in June last year and extradited to the UK in August.
Suleiman, of no fixed address, was found not guilty of murder but guilty of robbery and unlawful wounding at Chelmsford Crown Court.
In June last year a woman and two teenage boys were jailed in connection with the incident.
They were all found guilty of manslaughter and conspiracy to commit GBH on the second victim as well as conspiracy to commit robbery.
Danielle Russell, now 27, of Southend was jailed for 11 years and the two teenagers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were jailed for ten years and four months with a five-year extended licence.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 10 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
Investigating officer Dc Jo Cane said: “Whilst the other defendants had been found guilty of manslaughter the person who actually stabbed Anton had evaded capture.
“The verdict cannot bring Anton back but gives closure enabling their family to grieve for their losses knowing that he will be jailed alongside the others also found guilty.”
Suleiman’s sentencing will take place on March 8 at Chelmsford Crown Court.