Fourth person found guilty of manslaughter of Dagenham man
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who fled the country following the death of a Dagenham man was found guilty of his manslaughter on Friday.
Anton Levin, 24, from Dagenham, was stabbed and a second man was injured during the incident in St Ann’s Road, Southend, in November 2014.
Abdulfatah Suleiman, 28, was arrested in Norway in June last year and extradited to the UK in August.
Suleiman, of no fixed address, was found not guilty of murder but guilty of robbery and unlawful wounding at Chelmsford Crown Court.
In June last year a woman and two teenage boys were jailed in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
They were all found guilty of manslaughter and conspiracy to commit GBH on the second victim as well as conspiracy to commit robbery.
Danielle Russell, now 27, of Southend was jailed for 11 years and the two teenagers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were jailed for ten years and four months with a five-year extended licence.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Investigating officer Dc Jo Cane said: “Whilst the other defendants had been found guilty of manslaughter the person who actually stabbed Anton had evaded capture.
“The verdict cannot bring Anton back but gives closure enabling their family to grieve for their losses knowing that he will be jailed alongside the others also found guilty.”
Suleiman’s sentencing will take place on March 8 at Chelmsford Crown Court.