Fourth teenager arrested on suspicion of Chadwell Heath murder
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have arrested a fourth man as an investigation into Ricky Hayden’s death continues.
A 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder on Tuesday.
He has been bailed to return on a date in early December pending further enquiries.
Ricky died outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, on September 13, after attempting to fight off a gang of thieves armed with machetes.
Tommy Roome, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, has already been charged with Ricky’s murder and is currently remanded to appear at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Two teenagers aged 19 and 16 have previously been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The 19-year-old is bailed to return to a police station on a date in mid November, while the 16-year-old is no longer a line of enquiry.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.