Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of Dagenham’s former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men, one of them a boxer who trained in Dagenham, in Navestock last year.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The alleged incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared on Friday in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder. He pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs