Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of Dagenham’s former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men, one of them a boxer who trained in Dagenham, in Navestock last year.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The alleged incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared on Friday in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder. He pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids