Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of Dagenham’s former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men, one of them a boxer who trained in Dagenham, in Navestock last year.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The alleged incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared on Friday in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder. He pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed