Gardener appears in court charged with Qingqing Rao stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A gardener has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a woman who was stabbed in Dagenham.
Barry Peacham, 26, is accused of attacking 29-year-old Qingqing Rao in Castle Green, on February 13.
Mrs Rao, a business analyst in the City, remains in a critical condition after she was stabbed in the head.
Peacham, of no fixed address, is also accused of robbing a woman in Castle Green two days before Mrs Rao was attacked, and two counts of possessing a bladed article.
On Saturday he appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded in custody to appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 27.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old woman who was arrested alongside Peacham on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters