Gardener appears in court charged with Qingqing Rao stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A gardener has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a woman who was stabbed in Dagenham.
Barry Peacham, 26, is accused of attacking 29-year-old Qingqing Rao in Castle Green, on February 13.
Mrs Rao, a business analyst in the City, remains in a critical condition after she was stabbed in the head.
Peacham, of no fixed address, is also accused of robbing a woman in Castle Green two days before Mrs Rao was attacked, and two counts of possessing a bladed article.
On Saturday he appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded in custody to appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 27.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old woman who was arrested alongside Peacham on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault