Gardener appears in court charged with Qingqing Rao stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A gardener has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a woman who was stabbed in Dagenham.
Barry Peacham, 26, is accused of attacking 29-year-old Qingqing Rao in Castle Green, on February 13.
Mrs Rao, a business analyst in the City, remains in a critical condition after she was stabbed in the head.
Peacham, of no fixed address, is also accused of robbing a woman in Castle Green two days before Mrs Rao was attacked, and two counts of possessing a bladed article.
On Saturday he appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded in custody to appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 27.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old woman who was arrested alongside Peacham on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete