Girl, 13, raped in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old girl has been raped in Dagenham, east London.
Specialist detectives are appealing for information after the victim was grabbed from behind and dragged onto a grassland area in Eleanor Gardens where she was subjected to a sex attack on Saturday, November 30 at about 9pm.
Just prior to the incident the victim believed she was being followed, said police.
Detectives from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command (SC02) have said they are looking for a suspect described as a tall, slim white man with stubble or facial hair.
The victim has been receiving treatment at a Haven facility — a specialist centre for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information that could assist police should call DC Julie Russell of SCO2 on 0208 217 9874 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility