Girl, 13, raped in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old girl has been raped in Dagenham, east London.
Specialist detectives are appealing for information after the victim was grabbed from behind and dragged onto a grassland area in Eleanor Gardens where she was subjected to a sex attack on Saturday, November 30 at about 9pm.
Just prior to the incident the victim believed she was being followed, said police.
Detectives from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command (SC02) have said they are looking for a suspect described as a tall, slim white man with stubble or facial hair.
The victim has been receiving treatment at a Haven facility — a specialist centre for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
Witnesses or anyone with information that could assist police should call DC Julie Russell of SCO2 on 0208 217 9874 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products