Girl, 13, raped in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old girl has been raped in Dagenham, east London.
Specialist detectives are appealing for information after the victim was grabbed from behind and dragged onto a grassland area in Eleanor Gardens where she was subjected to a sex attack on Saturday, November 30 at about 9pm.
Just prior to the incident the victim believed she was being followed, said police.
Detectives from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command (SC02) have said they are looking for a suspect described as a tall, slim white man with stubble or facial hair.
The victim has been receiving treatment at a Haven facility — a specialist centre for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information that could assist police should call DC Julie Russell of SCO2 on 0208 217 9874 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL