Schoolgirl, 13, racially and sexually harrassed on 174 bus
- Credit: Met Police
Police are hunting a man who subjected a 13-year-old girl to racial and sexual slurs before threatening a woman who came to her aid.
The girl was travelling home from school on the top deck of a 174 bus when a man boarded at Romford station and began staring at her.
As the bus stopped at Barking and Dagenham College, the man stood up and shouted racial and sexual insults at her.
Another passenger went to try and escort the girl downstairs but the man threatened to punch the woman and refused to let them leave. It was only when a male passenger intervened that they went downstairs, with the woman staying with the girl until she reached her stop.
Police would like to speak to the man pictured in connection with the incident, which happened on Tuesday, November 14 at around 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as black, aged 35 to 45, and was wearing a distinctive leather jacket with white stripes on the arm and a patterned cap.
Anyone who recognises him is asked to call 101 quoting 5119484/17 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people