Schoolgirl, 13, racially and sexually harrassed on 174 bus
- Credit: Met Police
Police are hunting a man who subjected a 13-year-old girl to racial and sexual slurs before threatening a woman who came to her aid.
The girl was travelling home from school on the top deck of a 174 bus when a man boarded at Romford station and began staring at her.
As the bus stopped at Barking and Dagenham College, the man stood up and shouted racial and sexual insults at her.
Another passenger went to try and escort the girl downstairs but the man threatened to punch the woman and refused to let them leave. It was only when a male passenger intervened that they went downstairs, with the woman staying with the girl until she reached her stop.
Police would like to speak to the man pictured in connection with the incident, which happened on Tuesday, November 14 at around 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as black, aged 35 to 45, and was wearing a distinctive leather jacket with white stripes on the arm and a patterned cap.
Anyone who recognises him is asked to call 101 quoting 5119484/17 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham