Reports of shots fired in Barking
- Credit: Google
Armed police rushed to a housing estate in Barking on Saturday after reports of shots fired.
The call came in at 7.30pm that gunshots had been fired in Harts Lane.
Police said that weapons and bullet casings have been found at the scene.
There are no reports of any injuries.
Following the incident, a section 60 order was in place across Abbey Ward, Gascoigne Ward and Academy Ward until 10am on September 1.
You may also want to watch:
The order allows the police to stop and search anyone in a designated area if they are suspected of carrying a weapon.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites