Three men and teenage boy charged over fatal stabbing of Hasan Ozcan in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
A man and a teenage boy have been charged with murdering a man who was fatally stabbed in Barking earlier this year.
Two more men face lesser charges in connection to the killing of 19-year-old Hasan Ozcan.
Hasan was stabbed to death near a football pitch in Abbey Road, next to the Gascoigne Estate, the evening of February 3.
Emergency crews called to the scene just after 10pm pronounced him dead on arrival.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, 21, and a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged yesterday with murder and violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Two more men — Kamaal Modest, 22, and Jonathon Efionayi, 21 — have been charged with violent disorder.
All four are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
Hasan’s family called for unity among the community on the estate at a meeting between residents, police officers and councillors held the month of the attack.
“We have to be like brothers — black, white, Asian, Turkish,” said his father, Abdullah.
“I don’t want anyone to have to stand here like me.”