Three men and teenage boy charged over fatal stabbing of Hasan Ozcan in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
A man and a teenage boy have been charged with murdering a man who was fatally stabbed in Barking earlier this year.
Two more men face lesser charges in connection to the killing of 19-year-old Hasan Ozcan.
Hasan was stabbed to death near a football pitch in Abbey Road, next to the Gascoigne Estate, the evening of February 3.
Emergency crews called to the scene just after 10pm pronounced him dead on arrival.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, 21, and a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged yesterday with murder and violent disorder.
Two more men — Kamaal Modest, 22, and Jonathon Efionayi, 21 — have been charged with violent disorder.
All four are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
Hasan’s family called for unity among the community on the estate at a meeting between residents, police officers and councillors held the month of the attack.
“We have to be like brothers — black, white, Asian, Turkish,” said his father, Abdullah.
“I don’t want anyone to have to stand here like me.”