Three men and teenage boy charged over fatal stabbing of Hasan Ozcan in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
A man and a teenage boy have been charged with murdering a man who was fatally stabbed in Barking earlier this year.
Two more men face lesser charges in connection to the killing of 19-year-old Hasan Ozcan.
Hasan was stabbed to death near a football pitch in Abbey Road, next to the Gascoigne Estate, the evening of February 3.
Emergency crews called to the scene just after 10pm pronounced him dead on arrival.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, 21, and a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged yesterday with murder and violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Two more men — Kamaal Modest, 22, and Jonathon Efionayi, 21 — have been charged with violent disorder.
All four are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
Hasan’s family called for unity among the community on the estate at a meeting between residents, police officers and councillors held the month of the attack.
“We have to be like brothers — black, white, Asian, Turkish,” said his father, Abdullah.
“I don’t want anyone to have to stand here like me.”