Two teenagers arrested in connection with Hasan Ozcan murder in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
Two teenagers have been arrested after a 17-year-old was stabbed to death near the Gascoigne Estate.
Hasan Ozcan, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds in Abbey Road the evening of Saturday, February 3.
Police arrested a 15-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man this morning at addresses in Dagenham and Hornchurch on suspicion of murder.
Both remain in custody at seperate east London police stations.
Det Chief Insp Larry Smith, who is leading the investigation, said: “We have made two arrests but we are still appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances which led to a young man losing his life.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to appeal to anyone who saw a group of males loitering in the area on the evening of the attack. Were you there? Did you see the suspects arrive or leave the scene?”
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend