Two teenagers arrested in connection with Hasan Ozcan murder in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
Two teenagers have been arrested after a 17-year-old was stabbed to death near the Gascoigne Estate.
Hasan Ozcan, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds in Abbey Road the evening of Saturday, February 3.
Police arrested a 15-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man this morning at addresses in Dagenham and Hornchurch on suspicion of murder.
Both remain in custody at seperate east London police stations.
Det Chief Insp Larry Smith, who is leading the investigation, said: “We have made two arrests but we are still appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances which led to a young man losing his life.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to appeal to anyone who saw a group of males loitering in the area on the evening of the attack. Were you there? Did you see the suspects arrive or leave the scene?”
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites