Two teenagers arrested in connection with Hasan Ozcan murder in Barking
- Credit: Met Police
Two teenagers have been arrested after a 17-year-old was stabbed to death near the Gascoigne Estate.
Hasan Ozcan, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds in Abbey Road the evening of Saturday, February 3.
Police arrested a 15-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man this morning at addresses in Dagenham and Hornchurch on suspicion of murder.
Both remain in custody at seperate east London police stations.
Det Chief Insp Larry Smith, who is leading the investigation, said: “We have made two arrests but we are still appealing for information so we can establish the circumstances which led to a young man losing his life.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to appeal to anyone who saw a group of males loitering in the area on the evening of the attack. Were you there? Did you see the suspects arrive or leave the scene?”
Police ask anyone with information to call 0208 345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown