Watch: Hospital worker 'gob-smacked' as pair target car in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Two males have been caught on CCTV taking headlights from a hospital worker's car.
Footage shows one male prising off the headlights of the Audi Q7 while another keeps watch in Terling Road, Dagenham, just after 6pm on Sunday, September 26.
The owner of the car, who asked not to be named, said: "I'm just gob-smacked. It's devastating. You work so hard to buy something and people come and destroy it just like that.
"Anyone who knows them should get in touch with the police as soon as possible."
He said the pair, who were wearing face masks at the time, cycled off within seconds of both lights being removed.
You may also want to watch:
The 46-year-old has been unable to use the car thanks to the loss of his headlights, which he said would cost £1,000 each to replace.
He claimed vehicle crime has recently spiked in the neighbourhood.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said officers are investigating following a report of theft of car parts.
"Officers are reviewing CCTV and enquiries are ongoing," he added.
There have been no arrests. Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.