Man arrested after allegedly threatening to burn down house in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police and firefighters were called to a house in Dagenham yesterday evening after a man allegedly threatened to burn down a house.
Emergency services were called to the address on Hedgemans Road at around 10pm on August 26 after a disturbance.
A 42-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of threatening to endanger life and arson.
No one was injured and a police spokeswoman said everyone at the house knew each other.
A similar though unconnected incident occurred last week at a tower block in Barking.
You may also want to watch:
A man allegedly threatened to burn down the building in the Gascoigne housing estate on the night of August 20, forcing families to evacuate.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and intent to endanger life at around 1am on August 21, allowing residents to return.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters