Man arrested after allegedly threatening to burn down house in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police and firefighters were called to a house in Dagenham yesterday evening after a man allegedly threatened to burn down a house.
Emergency services were called to the address on Hedgemans Road at around 10pm on August 26 after a disturbance.
A 42-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of threatening to endanger life and arson.
No one was injured and a police spokeswoman said everyone at the house knew each other.
A similar though unconnected incident occurred last week at a tower block in Barking.
You may also want to watch:
A man allegedly threatened to burn down the building in the Gascoigne housing estate on the night of August 20, forcing families to evacuate.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and intent to endanger life at around 1am on August 21, allowing residents to return.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years