Man arrested after allegedly threatening to burn down house in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police and firefighters were called to a house in Dagenham yesterday evening after a man allegedly threatened to burn down a house.
Emergency services were called to the address on Hedgemans Road at around 10pm on August 26 after a disturbance.
A 42-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of threatening to endanger life and arson.
No one was injured and a police spokeswoman said everyone at the house knew each other.
A similar though unconnected incident occurred last week at a tower block in Barking.
You may also want to watch:
A man allegedly threatened to burn down the building in the Gascoigne housing estate on the night of August 20, forcing families to evacuate.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and intent to endanger life at around 1am on August 21, allowing residents to return.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham