Dagenham man’s shock after attempted break-in
- Credit: John May
A resident in Dagenham was left in shock after waking up to discover an attempted break-in at his property.
John May, 56, of Northfield Road, discovered the attempted break-in at 2.48am on Wednesday, August 29 via his ‘ring app’, which records video footage from the door bell.
Mr May said: “It’s scary to think masked boys are loose on the streets trying to break into properties and not know the extent of their capabilities.
“Kids carry weapons these days. What could’ve happened doesn’t bear thinking about.”
The video shows a suspect in a hoodie, with face covered approaching the front of the door and attempting to gain entry.
You may also want to watch:
After walking away from the property he returns with a second individual who is also wearing a hoodie with their face covered.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed that the force received a call after an attempted break-in.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
Enquiries are continuing and anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.