Dagenham man’s shock after attempted break-in
- Credit: John May
A resident in Dagenham was left in shock after waking up to discover an attempted break-in at his property.
John May, 56, of Northfield Road, discovered the attempted break-in at 2.48am on Wednesday, August 29 via his ‘ring app’, which records video footage from the door bell.
Mr May said: “It’s scary to think masked boys are loose on the streets trying to break into properties and not know the extent of their capabilities.
“Kids carry weapons these days. What could’ve happened doesn’t bear thinking about.”
The video shows a suspect in a hoodie, with face covered approaching the front of the door and attempting to gain entry.
You may also want to watch:
After walking away from the property he returns with a second individual who is also wearing a hoodie with their face covered.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed that the force received a call after an attempted break-in.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 6 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Enquiries are continuing and anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.