Dagenham man’s shock after attempted break-in
- Credit: John May
A resident in Dagenham was left in shock after waking up to discover an attempted break-in at his property.
John May, 56, of Northfield Road, discovered the attempted break-in at 2.48am on Wednesday, August 29 via his ‘ring app’, which records video footage from the door bell.
Mr May said: “It’s scary to think masked boys are loose on the streets trying to break into properties and not know the extent of their capabilities.
“Kids carry weapons these days. What could’ve happened doesn’t bear thinking about.”
The video shows a suspect in a hoodie, with face covered approaching the front of the door and attempting to gain entry.
You may also want to watch:
After walking away from the property he returns with a second individual who is also wearing a hoodie with their face covered.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed that the force received a call after an attempted break-in.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
Enquiries are continuing and anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.