Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Hornchurch found to be in possession of a number of weapons when stopped by police in Dagenham has been jailed.
At half past midnight on December 18, 2020, officers saw Romaine McKoy parked in a car on the road that leads to Parsloes Park.
The 30-year-old, of Kareena Close, was stopped by officers who were not satisfied with his explanation for being in the area.
This led to a search of his car, during which five offensive weapons were found - namely four knives and one hammer.
He was also found to be in possession of cannabis.
McKoy - arrested for possession of both the offensive weapons and the cannabis - was subsequently charged with four counts of possession of a knife blade/sharp pointed article in a public place.
The 30-year-old was convicted of those four counts at Snaresbrook Crown Court on June 16, having pleaded not guilty to one count.
- 1 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 2 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 3 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 National League: Dagenham & Redbridge 2 Gateshead 2
- 6 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge 'should hit the ground running'
- 8 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 9 German Doner Kebab opens new Barking restaurant
- 10 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
He was also charged with, and found guilty of, one count of engaging in the business of a postal operator delayed/opened a postal packet/mailbag.
McKoy was sentenced to 10 months' imprisonment and ordered to pay the victim a £156 surcharge.