Chadwell Heath man bailed after fraud arrest
- Credit: PA images
A 22-year-old man has been bailed along with eight others following a corruption investigation.
He was arrested yesterday at a residential address in Chadwell Heath on suspicion of fraud by false representation.
A detective constable and police officer were among the other arrests.
Officers from the Met’s Anti-Corruption Command were acting on intelligence that a luxury hire car company and other businesses were being used to launder money and process false insurance claims.
The detective constable, 32, who is attached to the Met’s intelligence bureau, has been suspended after being arrested on suspicion of money laundering, fraud by false representation, perverting the course of justice and offences under the Computer Misuse Act.
You may also want to watch:
The police officer, 22, was arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation. He has been placed on local restrictions.
Six others were taken into police custody in central London following their arrests.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
The police confirmed the status of the arrested officers is being reviewed and the IPCC is aware of the investigation.