Chadwell Heath man bailed after fraud arrest
- Credit: PA images
A 22-year-old man has been bailed along with eight others following a corruption investigation.
He was arrested yesterday at a residential address in Chadwell Heath on suspicion of fraud by false representation.
A detective constable and police officer were among the other arrests.
Officers from the Met’s Anti-Corruption Command were acting on intelligence that a luxury hire car company and other businesses were being used to launder money and process false insurance claims.
The detective constable, 32, who is attached to the Met’s intelligence bureau, has been suspended after being arrested on suspicion of money laundering, fraud by false representation, perverting the course of justice and offences under the Computer Misuse Act.
You may also want to watch:
The police officer, 22, was arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation. He has been placed on local restrictions.
Six others were taken into police custody in central London following their arrests.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
The police confirmed the status of the arrested officers is being reviewed and the IPCC is aware of the investigation.