Dagenham teen who ‘terrified’ victims during eight-day robbery spree is locked up
- Credit: Met police
A 19-year-old who used physical violence against victims during a spate of robberies has been sentenced at the Old Bailey.
Cristi-Valentin Tabacaru, of Bentry Road, Dagenham, was sentenced to four years and four months in a Young Offenders’ Institution on Friday after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to possess an imitation firearm with intent.
The teenager, together with two other men, robbed off-licences over eight days from May 31 to June 7, using weapons such as knives, imitation firearms and noxious substances.
In each of the four robberies, the victim was subjected to a violent ordeal and one has been unable to return to work since.
Tabacaru was said to have the primary role in using “physical violence” against his victims as well as stealing goods and cash, which totalled £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
He was caught by police along with Razvan Nalbariu, 24, and Alexandru Nalbariu, 20, after a witness from the third robbery provided police with the registration number of the gang’s car.
Alexandru Nalbariu, of Charlotte Gardens, Havering, pleaded guilty to the same charges at Tabacaru and was given the same sentence.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
Razvan Nalbariu, also of Charlotte Gardens, was jailed for six years after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery, conspiracy to possess an imitation firearm and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence with intent.