Dagenham teen who ‘terrified’ victims during eight-day robbery spree is locked up
- Credit: Met police
A 19-year-old who used physical violence against victims during a spate of robberies has been sentenced at the Old Bailey.
Cristi-Valentin Tabacaru, of Bentry Road, Dagenham, was sentenced to four years and four months in a Young Offenders’ Institution on Friday after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to possess an imitation firearm with intent.
The teenager, together with two other men, robbed off-licences over eight days from May 31 to June 7, using weapons such as knives, imitation firearms and noxious substances.
In each of the four robberies, the victim was subjected to a violent ordeal and one has been unable to return to work since.
Tabacaru was said to have the primary role in using “physical violence” against his victims as well as stealing goods and cash, which totalled £5,000.
He was caught by police along with Razvan Nalbariu, 24, and Alexandru Nalbariu, 20, after a witness from the third robbery provided police with the registration number of the gang’s car.
Alexandru Nalbariu, of Charlotte Gardens, Havering, pleaded guilty to the same charges at Tabacaru and was given the same sentence.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 7 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 8 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
Razvan Nalbariu, also of Charlotte Gardens, was jailed for six years after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery, conspiracy to possess an imitation firearm and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence with intent.