Dagenham estate agents fined £840 over waste disposal
- Credit: Google
An estate agents in Dagenham must cough up £841 after failing to prove it was disposing of its waste properly.
Anglowide Estates in Green Lane did not produce relevant documents during a routine inspection in September last year.
The company was given a fortnight to hand over waste transfer notes covering the previous two years, but sent incomplete records — which arrived late.
Anglowide was summoned to appear in court after failing to pay a £300 fine.
Friday, April 13 proved unlucky for the company, which that day pleaded guilty to the offence at Barkside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
Anglowide were fined £240 with 28 days to stump up the cash, and ordered to pay £571 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
“We encourage our local businesses to comply with the waste regulations and ensure they have the relevant documents if they are visited in a routine inspection,” said Jonathon Toy of Barking and Dagenham Council.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences