Dagenham estate agents fined £840 over waste disposal
- Credit: Google
An estate agents in Dagenham must cough up £841 after failing to prove it was disposing of its waste properly.
Anglowide Estates in Green Lane did not produce relevant documents during a routine inspection in September last year.
The company was given a fortnight to hand over waste transfer notes covering the previous two years, but sent incomplete records — which arrived late.
Anglowide was summoned to appear in court after failing to pay a £300 fine.
Friday, April 13 proved unlucky for the company, which that day pleaded guilty to the offence at Barkside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
Anglowide were fined £240 with 28 days to stump up the cash, and ordered to pay £571 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
“We encourage our local businesses to comply with the waste regulations and ensure they have the relevant documents if they are visited in a routine inspection,” said Jonathon Toy of Barking and Dagenham Council.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters