Dagenham estate agents fined £840 over waste disposal
- Credit: Google
An estate agents in Dagenham must cough up £841 after failing to prove it was disposing of its waste properly.
Anglowide Estates in Green Lane did not produce relevant documents during a routine inspection in September last year.
The company was given a fortnight to hand over waste transfer notes covering the previous two years, but sent incomplete records — which arrived late.
Anglowide was summoned to appear in court after failing to pay a £300 fine.
Friday, April 13 proved unlucky for the company, which that day pleaded guilty to the offence at Barkside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
Anglowide were fined £240 with 28 days to stump up the cash, and ordered to pay £571 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
“We encourage our local businesses to comply with the waste regulations and ensure they have the relevant documents if they are visited in a routine inspection,” said Jonathon Toy of Barking and Dagenham Council.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers