Trial date set for five men accused of Raja Ali murder in Dagenham
- Credit: Met police
Five men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali will stand trial at the Old Bailey next year following a hearing earlier today.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on September 25.
Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, will appear with Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, Dagenham, at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have also been remanded to appear on the same date.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three men, two aged 21 and one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters