Trial date set for five men accused of Raja Ali murder in Dagenham
- Credit: Met police
Five men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali will stand trial at the Old Bailey next year following a hearing earlier today.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on September 25.
Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, will appear with Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, Dagenham, at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have also been remanded to appear on the same date.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three men, two aged 21 and one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking