Man arrested in immigration raid at Forest Gate butchers
- Credit: Google
A man has been arrested during an immigration raid at a Forest Gate butchers.
Officers visited MK Brothers in Woodgrange Road at about 1pm.
They escorted a 46-year-old Bangladeshi man from the premises, who was found to have entered the country illegally.
He was “ordered to report to Immigration Enforcement regularly while his case is progressed,” a Home Office spokeswoman said.
Officers were “acting on intelligence,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
The butchers was served a referral notice threatening a fine of up to £20,000 unless the employers prove all appropriate right-to-work checks were carried out.
“He’s not entered the country illegally; he’s got an ongoing asylum case,” said the owner of MK Brothers, who withheld his name.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
“[With] someone’s who’s got an ex-wife in the country and a child, you presume they’re a legal guy.
“I just took him on today as a casual worker. It’s just my bad luck.”