Gang police investigate early morning Barking shooting
- Credit: Archant
Gang police are investigating after a man in his 20s was shot in the leg and taken to hospital yesterday morning.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene following reports of a shooting in London Road, Barking, at 6.05am yesterday.
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The road was sealed off as a police cordon was put in place.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.
A spokeswoman said: “Office from Trident Area Crime Command and Barking and Dagenham continue to investigate.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today