Men arrested on suspicion of threats to kill after Dagenham police stand-off
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of threats to kill after a clamping dispute escalated and a man barricaded himself inside a van.
Police were initially called to Whalebone Lane South today at about 10.20am to reports of criminal damage.
A police spokesperson said that three negotiators were attempting to persuade an armed man, who had had a dispute with a bailiff, to leave the vehicle.
The incident closed part of Whalebone Lane South near McDonald’s, and an ambulance was called to the scene and put on stand-by
Barking and Dagenham police described the situation as “volatile” and warned the public not to approach the area.
You may also want to watch:
Two men have since been taken into custody.
One man, aged 52, was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and obstruction of a police officer in the execution of their duty, whilst a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and criminal damage.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted