Men arrested on suspicion of threats to kill after Dagenham police stand-off
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of threats to kill after a clamping dispute escalated and a man barricaded himself inside a van.
Police were initially called to Whalebone Lane South today at about 10.20am to reports of criminal damage.
A police spokesperson said that three negotiators were attempting to persuade an armed man, who had had a dispute with a bailiff, to leave the vehicle.
The incident closed part of Whalebone Lane South near McDonald’s, and an ambulance was called to the scene and put on stand-by
Barking and Dagenham police described the situation as “volatile” and warned the public not to approach the area.
You may also want to watch:
Two men have since been taken into custody.
One man, aged 52, was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and obstruction of a police officer in the execution of their duty, whilst a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and criminal damage.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post