Raja Ali murder: Police hunt for silver jeep which crashed near Dagenham killing
- Credit: Press Bureau
Detectives investigating the murder of a man stabbed to death in the street have today released CCTV footage of a car they want to trace.
Raja Ali, from Elm Park, died on September 25 after being attacked by a group of men in Stansgate Road, Dagenham.
Three men have been charged with his murder, but police are now trying to locate a silver Mitsubishi Shogun jeep which was involved in a crash nearby just before Mr Ali was attacked.
The jeep, registration P353PKE, was involved in a collision on Stansgate Road, Dagenham, at around 7.30pm.
It was driven onto the pavement outside Costcutter’s before it drove away from Stansgate Road in the direction of Listowel Road.
You may also want to watch:
The 33-year-old managed to stagger around the corner into Braintree Road where he was found by police and paramedics. He died at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab wounds.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are appealing to anyone who may have seen the vehicle travelling to Braintree Road before the inciden.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
They also want to find out where it travelled afterwards and its current location.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org
Three men aged 25, 21 and 33 have been charged with Mr Ali’s murder.
Five other men, aged 21, 21, 21, 26 and 27, have been arrested in connection and bailed to return later in November.