Trial date set for teenager accused of Chadwell Heath murder
- Credit: Archant
A trial date has been set for the teenager accused of murdering bouncer Ricky Hayden, who was attacked and killed outside his home.
Ricky, 27, was stabbed outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13. His father, Paul Hayden, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murder and attempted murder.
He spoke to confirm his name before a timetable for his case was set by Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
A plea hearing was fixed for December 13, with a provisional trial starting on March 13 next year.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.
No application for bail was made and Mr Roome was remanded in custody.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall