Trial date set for teenager accused of Chadwell Heath murder
- Credit: Archant
A trial date has been set for the teenager accused of murdering bouncer Ricky Hayden, who was attacked and killed outside his home.
Ricky, 27, was stabbed outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13. His father, Paul Hayden, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murder and attempted murder.
He spoke to confirm his name before a timetable for his case was set by Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
A plea hearing was fixed for December 13, with a provisional trial starting on March 13 next year.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.
No application for bail was made and Mr Roome was remanded in custody.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds