Trial date set for teenager accused of Chadwell Heath murder
- Credit: Archant
A trial date has been set for the teenager accused of murdering bouncer Ricky Hayden, who was attacked and killed outside his home.
Ricky, 27, was stabbed outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, in the early hours of September 13. His father, Paul Hayden, 54, was also injured in the incident.
Tommy Lee Roome, 19, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, appeared before the Old Bailey this morning charged with murder and attempted murder.
He spoke to confirm his name before a timetable for his case was set by Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
A plea hearing was fixed for December 13, with a provisional trial starting on March 13 next year.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is scheduled to take three weeks.
No application for bail was made and Mr Roome was remanded in custody.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.