Two men remain in custody following Chadwell Heath stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of a man outside his home are still questioning two men about his alleged murder.
Ricky Hayden, 27, died in the early hours of Wednesday morning after he was attacked by a gang trying to steal a moped in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath.
The family had been woken up by a noise outside the house and rushed out to find the group of up to four men trying to steal their moped.
The celebrity bodyguard’s 46-year-old father, who was also stabbed in the attack, is described as having non life-threatening injuries.
Officers say they “are satisfied” that the victim is Ricky Hayden although a formal identification has yet to take place.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Two teenagers, a 16-year-old and 19-year-old, both remain in custody in an east London police station after they were arrested on suspicion of murder. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London