Two men remain in custody following Chadwell Heath stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of a man outside his home are still questioning two men about his alleged murder.
Ricky Hayden, 27, died in the early hours of Wednesday morning after he was attacked by a gang trying to steal a moped in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath.
The family had been woken up by a noise outside the house and rushed out to find the group of up to four men trying to steal their moped.
The celebrity bodyguard’s 46-year-old father, who was also stabbed in the attack, is described as having non life-threatening injuries.
Officers say they “are satisfied” that the victim is Ricky Hayden although a formal identification has yet to take place.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Two teenagers, a 16-year-old and 19-year-old, both remain in custody in an east London police station after they were arrested on suspicion of murder. Enquiries continue.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 10 ‘For the love of animals’: Group which reunites lost pets with their owners fundraises for specialist equipment