Two men remain in custody following Chadwell Heath stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of a man outside his home are still questioning two men about his alleged murder.
Ricky Hayden, 27, died in the early hours of Wednesday morning after he was attacked by a gang trying to steal a moped in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath.
The family had been woken up by a noise outside the house and rushed out to find the group of up to four men trying to steal their moped.
The celebrity bodyguard’s 46-year-old father, who was also stabbed in the attack, is described as having non life-threatening injuries.
Officers say they “are satisfied” that the victim is Ricky Hayden although a formal identification has yet to take place.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Two teenagers, a 16-year-old and 19-year-old, both remain in custody in an east London police station after they were arrested on suspicion of murder. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham