Hunt for suspect after sex attack on teenager as she slept in a hotel in Barking
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have released a picture today of a man they want to trace after a teenager was sexually assaulted while asleep in her hotel room in Barking.
They have been unable to trace the man, despite forensic tests, following the incident.
The 19-year-old was out with friends and stayed at the Barking Park Hotel in Tanner Street when a man walked into her room, removed her clothes and assaulted her in the early hours of October 29.
“The suspect who she had met earlier that evening came in while she was asleep,” Det Cons Angela Nemeth said. “We haven’t identified her attacker despite forensic tests.”
The girl left the hotel minutes later and made her way to a family member’s house where she contacted police.
You may also want to watch:
The man police want to question is described as Asian, in his mid 30s, large build, with dark hair and a beard and spoke with a London accent. He drove a silver Audi and is believed to be known as ‘Jay’.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or Tweeting @MetCC.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall