Hunt for suspect after sex attack on teenager as she slept in a hotel in Barking
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have released a picture today of a man they want to trace after a teenager was sexually assaulted while asleep in her hotel room in Barking.
They have been unable to trace the man, despite forensic tests, following the incident.
The 19-year-old was out with friends and stayed at the Barking Park Hotel in Tanner Street when a man walked into her room, removed her clothes and assaulted her in the early hours of October 29.
“The suspect who she had met earlier that evening came in while she was asleep,” Det Cons Angela Nemeth said. “We haven’t identified her attacker despite forensic tests.”
The girl left the hotel minutes later and made her way to a family member’s house where she contacted police.
You may also want to watch:
The man police want to question is described as Asian, in his mid 30s, large build, with dark hair and a beard and spoke with a London accent. He drove a silver Audi and is believed to be known as ‘Jay’.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or Tweeting @MetCC.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate