Fined: Ilford man caught spitting in Barking street
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been fined £100 after he was caught spitting while standing directly under a warning sign on a street in Barking.
The fixed penalty notice was handed out by enforcement officers from Barking and Dagenham Council who spotted the man in Station Parade.
He was standing directly under a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) sign which warns anyone caught spitting, street drinking, urinating and intimidating behaviour when he was fined.
The PSPO has been rolled out across Barking Town Centre in an effort to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.
Councillor Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We will not tolerate anyone spitting in the town centre or causing any kind of anti-social behaviour that is disrespectful to residents living in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“This should serve as a warning to the small minority who make people’s lives a misery that we will not stand for it and we will now take immediate action.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham