Fined: Ilford man caught spitting in Barking street
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been fined £100 after he was caught spitting while standing directly under a warning sign on a street in Barking.
The fixed penalty notice was handed out by enforcement officers from Barking and Dagenham Council who spotted the man in Station Parade.
He was standing directly under a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) sign which warns anyone caught spitting, street drinking, urinating and intimidating behaviour when he was fined.
The PSPO has been rolled out across Barking Town Centre in an effort to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.
Councillor Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We will not tolerate anyone spitting in the town centre or causing any kind of anti-social behaviour that is disrespectful to residents living in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“This should serve as a warning to the small minority who make people’s lives a misery that we will not stand for it and we will now take immediate action.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites