Fined: Ilford man caught spitting in Barking street
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been fined £100 after he was caught spitting while standing directly under a warning sign on a street in Barking.
The fixed penalty notice was handed out by enforcement officers from Barking and Dagenham Council who spotted the man in Station Parade.
He was standing directly under a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) sign which warns anyone caught spitting, street drinking, urinating and intimidating behaviour when he was fined.
The PSPO has been rolled out across Barking Town Centre in an effort to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.
Councillor Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We will not tolerate anyone spitting in the town centre or causing any kind of anti-social behaviour that is disrespectful to residents living in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“This should serve as a warning to the small minority who make people’s lives a misery that we will not stand for it and we will now take immediate action.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London