Michael Ugwa killing: Second man charged with murder
- Credit: Essex Police
A second man has been charged with murder following the stabbing of Rainham father-of-three Michael Ugwa.
Michael, 29, was fatally assaulted last Thursday afternoon - April 28 - at the Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock.
Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, he died at the scene.
Muhammad Khan, 54, of no fixed address, Ilford, was arrested in Chiswick yesterday - May 5 - along with a 54-year-old woman.
He has now been charged with murder and affray and appeared at Southend Magistrates’ Court on Friday, May 6.
Khan has been remanded into custody and no pleas have been entered.
He is next due to appear at Basildon Crown Court on May 10.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 6 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
A woman, who was questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released under investigation.
Khan is the second person to be charged with Michael’s murder and the third person charged as part of the investigation in total.
Brandon Lutchmunsing, 19, of Grafton Way in Dagenham has also been charged with murder and affray.
Twenty-year-old Shannon Weston, of Paddocks Close in Canewdon, has been charged with assisting an offender.
They both appeared at Basildon Crown Court today.
Neither defendant was asked to enter a plea to the charges, with each remanded in custody until a plea hearing on July 1.