Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- Credit: BTP
Detectives investigating a robbery in which a train passenger was put in a chokehold have released images of a man they want to talk to.
The victim was seated on a train travelling between Barking and Basildon when he was approached by a man who demanded some of his belongings at 12.30pm on Christmas Eve last year.
British Transport Police said a fight erupted and the man snatched the victim's coat and watch, after putting him into a chokehold.
He then left the train at Basildon station.
Officers believe the man in the images may have information which could help their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise him, or have any information, please contact British Transport Police by quoting reference 144 of 24/12/20.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend