Chadwell Heath fatal stabbing victim died after brawl, court hears
- Credit: Awa Ceesay
A man was found fatally stabbed following a street brawl, a court has heard.
Ismaila Ceesay from Chadwell Heath died on May 28 after the clash which saw men and women fighting and throwing bottles in Warwick Road, Forest Gate.
At the opening of an inquest into his death, East London Coroner's Court heard the unemployed 33-year old suffered "massive" blood loss after being stabbed twice in his right side.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.
Senior coroner, Nadia Persaud, said: "His death occurred in circumstances requiring an inquest."
You may also want to watch:
She then adjourned the inquest to give priority to the police investigation and any subsequent trial.
A 46-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of Mr Ceesay's murder and have been released on bail.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
A previous version of this article stated Ismaila Ceesay had been arrested on the way to hospital but the Met Police confirmed this is not the case. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise for any distress caused.