Chadwell Heath fatal stabbing victim died after brawl, court hears
- Credit: Awa Ceesay
A man was found fatally stabbed following a street brawl, a court has heard.
Ismaila Ceesay from Chadwell Heath died on May 28 after the clash which saw men and women fighting and throwing bottles in Warwick Road, Forest Gate.
At the opening of an inquest into his death, East London Coroner's Court heard the unemployed 33-year old suffered "massive" blood loss after being stabbed twice in his right side.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.
Senior coroner, Nadia Persaud, said: "His death occurred in circumstances requiring an inquest."
You may also want to watch:
She then adjourned the inquest to give priority to the police investigation and any subsequent trial.
A 46-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of Mr Ceesay's murder and have been released on bail.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
A previous version of this article stated Ismaila Ceesay had been arrested on the way to hospital but the Met Police confirmed this is not the case. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise for any distress caused.