Jailed Barking burglar identified by ‘kiss’ tattoo
A burglar who was chased down the street by the woman he stole from and later identified by a ‘kiss’ tattoo has been jailed.
The 49-year-old woman walked into her home in Whiting Avenue, Barking on March 1 to discover Wesley Sabaroche standing in her living room.
She chased him out of the house and pursued him down the street, at which point the Sabaroche dropped a bag and laptop which he had stolen from her, as well as a pair of gloves.
The 25-year-old escaped but was later identified through DNA on the gloves and by a red lips tattoo on his neck, which a witness of the burglary had spotted.
Sabaroche, of no fixed address, was charged with burglary on May 21, remanded in custody and found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 15.
He was sentenced to four and a half years in prison at he same court on December 7.
DC Phil Stokes of Barking and Dagenham CID said: “Sabaroche was further identified by the distinctive red lips tattoo that is clearly visible on his neck.
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 5 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
“It can take years to recover from the effects of being burgled, I am very happy with the outcome of this trial and to know that this person is no longer able to victimise members of the community.”