Jailed Barking burglar identified by ‘kiss’ tattoo
A burglar who was chased down the street by the woman he stole from and later identified by a ‘kiss’ tattoo has been jailed.
The 49-year-old woman walked into her home in Whiting Avenue, Barking on March 1 to discover Wesley Sabaroche standing in her living room.
She chased him out of the house and pursued him down the street, at which point the Sabaroche dropped a bag and laptop which he had stolen from her, as well as a pair of gloves.
The 25-year-old escaped but was later identified through DNA on the gloves and by a red lips tattoo on his neck, which a witness of the burglary had spotted.
Sabaroche, of no fixed address, was charged with burglary on May 21, remanded in custody and found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 15.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to four and a half years in prison at he same court on December 7.
DC Phil Stokes of Barking and Dagenham CID said: “Sabaroche was further identified by the distinctive red lips tattoo that is clearly visible on his neck.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
“It can take years to recover from the effects of being burgled, I am very happy with the outcome of this trial and to know that this person is no longer able to victimise members of the community.”