Jailed Barking burglar identified by ‘kiss’ tattoo
A burglar who was chased down the street by the woman he stole from and later identified by a ‘kiss’ tattoo has been jailed.
The 49-year-old woman walked into her home in Whiting Avenue, Barking on March 1 to discover Wesley Sabaroche standing in her living room.
She chased him out of the house and pursued him down the street, at which point the Sabaroche dropped a bag and laptop which he had stolen from her, as well as a pair of gloves.
The 25-year-old escaped but was later identified through DNA on the gloves and by a red lips tattoo on his neck, which a witness of the burglary had spotted.
Sabaroche, of no fixed address, was charged with burglary on May 21, remanded in custody and found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 15.
He was sentenced to four and a half years in prison at he same court on December 7.
DC Phil Stokes of Barking and Dagenham CID said: “Sabaroche was further identified by the distinctive red lips tattoo that is clearly visible on his neck.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
“It can take years to recover from the effects of being burgled, I am very happy with the outcome of this trial and to know that this person is no longer able to victimise members of the community.”