Jailed: Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught in stolen car with cash and cocaine
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught with cocaine, cash and a combat knife has been jailed for five years.
Four months after smashing the front windows of a house in Cambridge with a baseball bat, Tarrell Hinds was arrested after attempting to make off in a stolen BMW.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on January 4, officers approached the 20-year-old from Roles Grove after he was seen “acting suspiciously” in a car in nearby Borrowdale.
He was also found to be in possession of four mobile phones and three spare keys.
Hinds’ fingerprints were found in an abandoned car used to flee the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He plead guilty to possessing an offensive weapon, criminal damage, being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs, handling stolen goods and possessing a bladed article on Monday.
“This sentencing highlights the consequences of coming to Cambridge and imposing violent tactics to deal drugs,” said Det Con Martin Hardy of Cambridgeshire Police.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'