Jailed: Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught in stolen car with cash and cocaine
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught with cocaine, cash and a combat knife has been jailed for five years.
Four months after smashing the front windows of a house in Cambridge with a baseball bat, Tarrell Hinds was arrested after attempting to make off in a stolen BMW.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on January 4, officers approached the 20-year-old from Roles Grove after he was seen “acting suspiciously” in a car in nearby Borrowdale.
He was also found to be in possession of four mobile phones and three spare keys.
Hinds’ fingerprints were found in an abandoned car used to flee the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He plead guilty to possessing an offensive weapon, criminal damage, being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs, handling stolen goods and possessing a bladed article on Monday.
“This sentencing highlights the consequences of coming to Cambridge and imposing violent tactics to deal drugs,” said Det Con Martin Hardy of Cambridgeshire Police.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils