Jailed: Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught in stolen car with cash and cocaine
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A Chadwell Heath drug dealer caught with cocaine, cash and a combat knife has been jailed for five years.
Four months after smashing the front windows of a house in Cambridge with a baseball bat, Tarrell Hinds was arrested after attempting to make off in a stolen BMW.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on January 4, officers approached the 20-year-old from Roles Grove after he was seen “acting suspiciously” in a car in nearby Borrowdale.
He was also found to be in possession of four mobile phones and three spare keys.
Hinds’ fingerprints were found in an abandoned car used to flee the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He plead guilty to possessing an offensive weapon, criminal damage, being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs, handling stolen goods and possessing a bladed article on Monday.
“This sentencing highlights the consequences of coming to Cambridge and imposing violent tactics to deal drugs,” said Det Con Martin Hardy of Cambridgeshire Police.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets