Jailed: Dagenham man caught trying to pick-pocket tourists in Westminster
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man has been jailed after he was caught red-handed by undercover detectives trying to pick-pocket tourists on the tube.
Romeo Haret, of Valence Circus, was a member of a pick-pocketing gang that targeted their victims at Westminster underground station.
The 25-year-old, Loredana Pantica, 21, and Florintina Pantica, 18, both from Burton Upon Trent, were spotted following a mother and daughter by the plain clothes officers.
All three stood closely behind the victim and Florintina used a scarf to hide her hand, reach out, open the victim’s rucksack and put her hand inside.
The officers swooped in and arrested them within seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Blackfriars Crown Court they were convicted of conspiracy to steal.
Haret was jailed for 16 months and his accomplices were given a suspended prison sentence and ordered to do 180 hours community service each.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
PC Steven Bryan, investigating officer, said: “The sentence shows that the courts take this kind of offence very seriously.”