Jailed: Rail replacement bus pervert from Dagenham
- Credit: British Transport Police
A Dagenham man who sexually assaulted a man and a woman on a rail replacement bus has been jailed.
Hassan Hassan, 27, of Bell Farm Avenue, sexually assaulted a woman travelling with a young child on October 8 as the bus arrived at Billericay train station.
She screamed and staff came to her aid. Whilst being ejected from the bus, Hassan sexually assaulted and then punched a male member of staff.
Staff detailed him until police arrived and promptly arrested him.
Hassan was today sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, having gone to trial at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court last month.
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay a £115 victim surcharge and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for seven years.
“Hassan showed absolutely no remorse for his crimes and I applaud the court for sending him to prison,” said investigating officer Pc Matthew Hooper.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete