Jailed: Rail replacement bus pervert from Dagenham
- Credit: British Transport Police
A Dagenham man who sexually assaulted a man and a woman on a rail replacement bus has been jailed.
Hassan Hassan, 27, of Bell Farm Avenue, sexually assaulted a woman travelling with a young child on October 8 as the bus arrived at Billericay train station.
She screamed and staff came to her aid. Whilst being ejected from the bus, Hassan sexually assaulted and then punched a male member of staff.
Staff detailed him until police arrived and promptly arrested him.
Hassan was today sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, having gone to trial at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court last month.
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay a £115 victim surcharge and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for seven years.
“Hassan showed absolutely no remorse for his crimes and I applaud the court for sending him to prison,” said investigating officer Pc Matthew Hooper.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Old boy Cheek downs Daggers