Jailed: Two Dagenham men in possession of two sawn-off shotguns
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Dagenham have been sentenced for firearm and drugs offences after two sawn-off shotguns were recovered by police.
Both pleaded guilty to the offences at Snaresbrook Crown Court week.
Leon Tyrell, 23, of Alibon Road, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and Steven Russell, 27, of Heathway, was sentenced to ten years and eight and months.
A third man, Casey O’Hare, of South Ockenden, was tried alongside the Dagenham pair and was sentenced to eight years in prison.
In June 2017 police at Heathway saw Tyrell and O’Hare arrive at a house on a Triumph motorbike.
Russell was let them in, with Tyrell carrying a Sports Direct bag.
The pair then left on the motorbike less than a minute later.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 7 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 10 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
The next day on the A12 in Romford a 25-year-old man was robbed of his Yamaha motorbike worth £9,000 just two hours after he bought it.
Tyrell and O’Hare, on the Triumph motorbike, had deliberately crashed into him and thrown him off his bike.
When he fought back a handgun was pointed at his head. The man fled, allowing the pair to make off with his motorbike.
The next day police executed a firearms search at the Heathway address and in a downstairs cupboard they found two loaded sawn-off shotguns.
Both were in a Sports Direct bag.
They also found 27 shotgun cartridges and drugs.
Russell was arrested at the scene and Tyrell and O’Hare were found laterand arrested.
While searching Tyrell’s home they found CS spray, cocaine and keys for an Audi A4 that wasstolen in November 2016.
The car was found close to the home of O’Hare’s girlfriend.
Tyrell was sentenced for two counts of possessing a sawn-off shotgun, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear, handling a stolen car and motorbike, robbery, possession of CS spray, possession of cocaine and driving whilst disqualified and with no insurance.
Russell was sentenced for two counts of possession of a sawn-off shotgun and being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
O’Hare was sentenced for possessino of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear, robbery and handling stolen goods.