Jailed: Two Dagenham men in possession of two sawn-off shotguns
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Dagenham have been sentenced for firearm and drugs offences after two sawn-off shotguns were recovered by police.
Both pleaded guilty to the offences at Snaresbrook Crown Court week.
Leon Tyrell, 23, of Alibon Road, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and Steven Russell, 27, of Heathway, was sentenced to ten years and eight and months.
A third man, Casey O’Hare, of South Ockenden, was tried alongside the Dagenham pair and was sentenced to eight years in prison.
In June 2017 police at Heathway saw Tyrell and O’Hare arrive at a house on a Triumph motorbike.
You may also want to watch:
Russell was let them in, with Tyrell carrying a Sports Direct bag.
The pair then left on the motorbike less than a minute later.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
The next day on the A12 in Romford a 25-year-old man was robbed of his Yamaha motorbike worth £9,000 just two hours after he bought it.
Tyrell and O’Hare, on the Triumph motorbike, had deliberately crashed into him and thrown him off his bike.
When he fought back a handgun was pointed at his head. The man fled, allowing the pair to make off with his motorbike.
The next day police executed a firearms search at the Heathway address and in a downstairs cupboard they found two loaded sawn-off shotguns.
Both were in a Sports Direct bag.
They also found 27 shotgun cartridges and drugs.
Russell was arrested at the scene and Tyrell and O’Hare were found laterand arrested.
While searching Tyrell’s home they found CS spray, cocaine and keys for an Audi A4 that wasstolen in November 2016.
The car was found close to the home of O’Hare’s girlfriend.
Tyrell was sentenced for two counts of possessing a sawn-off shotgun, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear, handling a stolen car and motorbike, robbery, possession of CS spray, possession of cocaine and driving whilst disqualified and with no insurance.
Russell was sentenced for two counts of possession of a sawn-off shotgun and being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
O’Hare was sentenced for possessino of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear, robbery and handling stolen goods.