Man, 28, charged with attacking police officer after Dagenham car chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with attacking a police officer and dangerous driving following a car chase.
Jerome Clarke, of no fixed address, was charged after police tried stopping a blue Volkswagen Golf in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham at about 11.45pm on Wednesday, May 13.
Officers gave chase after it failed to stop. The car was brought to a halt after crashing into parked vehicles at the junction with Cannonsleigh Road.
Police deployed a taser during the incident. The crash and use of a taser have been referred to the Met’s directorate of professional standards. One officer suffered a head injury.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “A female passenger in the car was also taken to hospital. Her injuries were not life-threatening.”
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokeswoman, confirming the details, said paramedics were called at 11:49pm to Goresbrook Road.
LAS sent two ambulance crews, a medic, and an incident response officer to the scene.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
“We treated two patients at the scene and took them both to hospital,” the spokeswoman said.
Mr Clarke, 28, appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday, May 15 charged with dangerous driving, assault on an emergency worker, driving while disqualified and without insurance.
He pleaded guilty to all the offences and is due to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on a date which has yet to be confirmed.