Joel Adesina trial: Man cleared of Dagenham teenager’s murder
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina today.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
You may also want to watch:
He was acquitted today at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters