Joel Adesina trial: Man cleared of Dagenham teenager’s murder
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina today.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
He was acquitted today at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition