Joel Adesina trial: Man cleared of Dagenham teenager’s murder
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina today.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
You may also want to watch:
He was acquitted today at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 9 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world