Search for missing Barking man: Police believe body is that of Dennis Farnall
- Credit: Archant
Detectives searching for Dennis Farnall have said they believe a body discovered two days ago is his.
Officers searching for the missing 62-year-old found the body of a man in John Sayer Close, Barking, at about 11am on Saturday, December 28.
A Met spokeswoman said: "While formal identification has not yet taken place, officers believe the deceased is Mr Farnell.
"His next-of-kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers."
A post-mortem examination took place at Queen's Hospital on Sunday, December 29. The police spokeswoman said the Met is waiting for the result of further tests.
You may also want to watch:
"His death is being treated as unexplained at this time," she added.
Detectives from the east area's CID are investigating.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?