Dagenham and Rainham MP launches petition to get more funding for policing
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Dagenham and Rainham is launching a petition to get the government investing more in policing.
Jon Cruddas’ Time on Crime campaign is calling for a new government strategy which will prioritise areas of high crime in London.
The campaign comes after a rise in knife and moped related crime in Dagenham and Rainham in the last year.
Jon Cruddas said: “The bottom line is that we need more investment in our police. That is why I am launching a constituency-wide campaign demanding better for Dagenham, Rainham, South Hornchurch and Elm Park.
“There has been a visible increase in violent crime and while the mayor of London is doing what he can to support the Met Police, it is just a drop in the ocean.”
You may also want to watch:
The petition will officially launch in Dagenham on October 27 and Havering on September 29. To collect signatures on your street, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and a subject line of CRIME AND POLICING PETITION.
To sign the petition as part of the MP’s survey on knife crime, visit joncruddas.org.uk/calling-time-crime.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Unattended candle causes Dagenham flat fire, brigade says