Dagenham and Rainham MP launches petition to get more funding for policing
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Dagenham and Rainham is launching a petition to get the government investing more in policing.
Jon Cruddas’ Time on Crime campaign is calling for a new government strategy which will prioritise areas of high crime in London.
The campaign comes after a rise in knife and moped related crime in Dagenham and Rainham in the last year.
Jon Cruddas said: “The bottom line is that we need more investment in our police. That is why I am launching a constituency-wide campaign demanding better for Dagenham, Rainham, South Hornchurch and Elm Park.
“There has been a visible increase in violent crime and while the mayor of London is doing what he can to support the Met Police, it is just a drop in the ocean.”
You may also want to watch:
The petition will officially launch in Dagenham on October 27 and Havering on September 29. To collect signatures on your street, email email@example.com with your name and address and a subject line of CRIME AND POLICING PETITION.
To sign the petition as part of the MP’s survey on knife crime, visit joncruddas.org.uk/calling-time-crime.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs