Dagenham and Rainham MP launches petition to get more funding for policing
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Dagenham and Rainham is launching a petition to get the government investing more in policing.
Jon Cruddas’ Time on Crime campaign is calling for a new government strategy which will prioritise areas of high crime in London.
The campaign comes after a rise in knife and moped related crime in Dagenham and Rainham in the last year.
Jon Cruddas said: “The bottom line is that we need more investment in our police. That is why I am launching a constituency-wide campaign demanding better for Dagenham, Rainham, South Hornchurch and Elm Park.
“There has been a visible increase in violent crime and while the mayor of London is doing what he can to support the Met Police, it is just a drop in the ocean.”
You may also want to watch:
The petition will officially launch in Dagenham on October 27 and Havering on September 29. To collect signatures on your street, email email@example.com with your name and address and a subject line of CRIME AND POLICING PETITION.
To sign the petition as part of the MP’s survey on knife crime, visit joncruddas.org.uk/calling-time-crime.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya