Dagenham man jailed for violent disorder
- Credit: Met Police
A Dagenham man has been jailed for four and a half years for violent disorder in connection with the death of a Barking teenager.
Jonathon Efionayi, of Lodge Avenue, was handed the sentence at the Old Bailey today (Friday, July 19).
The 22-year-old was found guilty after standing trial along with three others - two of whom were accused of the murder of Hasan Ozcan, 19, who was stabbed to death in Linsdell Road, Barking, on February 3 last year.
His co-defendents have all previously been sentenced for their part in the incident.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Newham, and a 16-year-old from Dagenham who cannot be named for legal reasons were found guilty of Hasan's murder and of violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Lashley-Weekes, 21, must serve a minimum of 24 years in prison while the 16-year-old must serve a minimum of 19 years.
Kamaal Modest, 22, of Fairfield Close, Merton, was found guilty of violent disorder and jailed for 25 months.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash