Kevin Mitchell receives three-year ban for drink driving
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell was banned from getting behind the wheel for three years this morning after police caught him drink driving for the second time in two years.
Mitchell, of Whitebarn Lane, pleaded guilty to driving while under the influence of alcohol as he appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court today.
The 26-year-old was driving his silver BMW X5 along Broad Street, Dagenham at 2.35am last Monday when he was pulled over by police.
He failed a road side breath test and was arrested and charged.
The court heard he was convicted of drink driving in July 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates disqualified him from driving for three years, fined him �300, and ordered him to pay �85 court costs and a �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend