Kevin Mitchell receives three-year ban for drink driving
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell was banned from getting behind the wheel for three years this morning after police caught him drink driving for the second time in two years.
Mitchell, of Whitebarn Lane, pleaded guilty to driving while under the influence of alcohol as he appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court today.
The 26-year-old was driving his silver BMW X5 along Broad Street, Dagenham at 2.35am last Monday when he was pulled over by police.
He failed a road side breath test and was arrested and charged.
The court heard he was convicted of drink driving in July 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates disqualified him from driving for three years, fined him �300, and ordered him to pay �85 court costs and a �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Letter writing, Ramadan, Cats Protection, Islamophobia and Covid
- 10 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking