Kevin Mitchell receives three-year ban for drink driving
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell was banned from getting behind the wheel for three years this morning after police caught him drink driving for the second time in two years.
Mitchell, of Whitebarn Lane, pleaded guilty to driving while under the influence of alcohol as he appeared at Barking Magistrates’ Court today.
The 26-year-old was driving his silver BMW X5 along Broad Street, Dagenham at 2.35am last Monday when he was pulled over by police.
He failed a road side breath test and was arrested and charged.
The court heard he was convicted of drink driving in July 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates disqualified him from driving for three years, fined him �300, and ordered him to pay �85 court costs and a �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 7 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath