‘Leg in the lake’ Neill Buchel trial delayed
- Credit: Archant
The trial over the death of “leg-in-lake” dad-of-two Neill Buchel has been delayed by up to 11 days.
The jury was sent home yesterday and told to await an update next Thursday, January 29, although it is likely proceedings will not resume until Monday, February 1, the Post understands.
Mr Justice Spencer told the jury that an “unexpected and unavoidable difficulty” had arisen requiring a new counsel to represent Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham.
Iain Morley QC has been appointed as a new barrister to replace Taylor Mayo QC and will use the coming days to prepare and continue the case.
Quye has pleaded not guilty to murder along with Scott Hunt, 36, of Braintree Road and Elvis Kwiatowski, 36, of Clopton Close, Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Quinn, 28, of Lynette Road, Dagenham, and Colin Bushaway, 61, of Gregory Close, Eltham, both deny conspiring to pervert the course of justice, with Bushaway also charged with preventing unlawful and decent burial of a body.
The trial continues.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences