‘Leg in the lake’ Neill Buchel trial delayed
- Credit: Archant
The trial over the death of “leg-in-lake” dad-of-two Neill Buchel has been delayed by up to 11 days.
The jury was sent home yesterday and told to await an update next Thursday, January 29, although it is likely proceedings will not resume until Monday, February 1, the Post understands.
Mr Justice Spencer told the jury that an “unexpected and unavoidable difficulty” had arisen requiring a new counsel to represent Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham.
Iain Morley QC has been appointed as a new barrister to replace Taylor Mayo QC and will use the coming days to prepare and continue the case.
Quye has pleaded not guilty to murder along with Scott Hunt, 36, of Braintree Road and Elvis Kwiatowski, 36, of Clopton Close, Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Quinn, 28, of Lynette Road, Dagenham, and Colin Bushaway, 61, of Gregory Close, Eltham, both deny conspiring to pervert the course of justice, with Bushaway also charged with preventing unlawful and decent burial of a body.
The trial continues.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham