Levi Douglas admits killing Dagenham dad Sean Thake, 22, in bike crash
- Credit: Archant
A biker today admitted to killing his 22-year-old friend through dangerous driving.
Levi Douglas was driving an uninsured motorbike with dad-of-two Sean Thake when he crashed into a minibus in Wood Lane, Dagenham, on April 29 last year.
Sean, of Grafton Road, Dagenham, died at the scene while Douglas was taken to hospital.
After he was discharged, police arrested 21-year-old Douglas, who skipped bail last year.
In the dock at the Old Bailey, Douglas pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving, two counts of causing death while driving unlicensed and possessing a class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
He denied aggravated vehicle taking and having a sharply-pointed bladed article in a public place.
Douglas will remain in custody and will return for a further hearing at the Old Bailey on May 2.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted