Levi Douglas admits killing Dagenham dad Sean Thake, 22, in bike crash
- Credit: Archant
A biker today admitted to killing his 22-year-old friend through dangerous driving.
Levi Douglas was driving an uninsured motorbike with dad-of-two Sean Thake when he crashed into a minibus in Wood Lane, Dagenham, on April 29 last year.
Sean, of Grafton Road, Dagenham, died at the scene while Douglas was taken to hospital.
After he was discharged, police arrested 21-year-old Douglas, who skipped bail last year.
In the dock at the Old Bailey, Douglas pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving, two counts of causing death while driving unlicensed and possessing a class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
He denied aggravated vehicle taking and having a sharply-pointed bladed article in a public place.
Douglas will remain in custody and will return for a further hearing at the Old Bailey on May 2.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post