London Bridge terror attack: Barking teenager, 19, arrested
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man from Barking is the latest person to be arrested in connection with the London Bridge terrorist attack.
Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, made the arrest at 9.50pm yesterday after receiving a warrant for an address.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
He currently in custody at a south London police station and is being detained under the Terrorism Act.
The arrest follows several others made over the weekend including a 28-year-old man in Barking in the early hours of Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
He is in custody at a Berkshire police station in Berkshire and is detained under the Terrorism Act. Searches of the residential address in Barking are ongoing.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post