London Bridge terror attack: Barking teenager, 19, arrested
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man from Barking is the latest person to be arrested in connection with the London Bridge terrorist attack.
Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, made the arrest at 9.50pm yesterday after receiving a warrant for an address.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
He currently in custody at a south London police station and is being detained under the Terrorism Act.
The arrest follows several others made over the weekend including a 28-year-old man in Barking in the early hours of Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
He is in custody at a Berkshire police station in Berkshire and is detained under the Terrorism Act. Searches of the residential address in Barking are ongoing.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted