London Bridge terror attack: Council leader responds to Barking arrests
- Credit: PA
Barking and Dagenham Council leader Darren Rodwell has responded to the arrests made in Barking this morning in connection with last night’s terrorist attack in London.
Seven people died after three suspects in a white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge just after 10pm yesterday,
The trio then went on to stab several people at Borough Market before they were shot dead by armed police.
Armed police raided the Elizabeth Fry flats in King’s Road at around 7am today, arresting 12 people.
Cllr Rodwell said: “Residents will be aware of police investigations underway in Barking following last night’s terrorist attack on the capital.
You may also want to watch:
“We stand alongside representatives of all faiths and communities in condemning this attack.
“Our first thoughts are with the families of those who were killed or injured last night.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
“The council will provide every possible assistance the police need to conduct their enquiries.
“The people who commit such crimes have no place in our community. Barking and Dagenham stands united.
“We are one community; united in grief; and strong in our common belief in peace and freedom.”
A minute’s silence to remember those who were killed in last night’s attack will be held across the country at 11am on Tuesday.