London Bridge terror attack: Council leader responds to Barking arrests
- Credit: PA
Barking and Dagenham Council leader Darren Rodwell has responded to the arrests made in Barking this morning in connection with last night’s terrorist attack in London.
Seven people died after three suspects in a white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge just after 10pm yesterday,
The trio then went on to stab several people at Borough Market before they were shot dead by armed police.
Armed police raided the Elizabeth Fry flats in King’s Road at around 7am today, arresting 12 people.
Cllr Rodwell said: “Residents will be aware of police investigations underway in Barking following last night’s terrorist attack on the capital.
You may also want to watch:
“We stand alongside representatives of all faiths and communities in condemning this attack.
“Our first thoughts are with the families of those who were killed or injured last night.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
“The council will provide every possible assistance the police need to conduct their enquiries.
“The people who commit such crimes have no place in our community. Barking and Dagenham stands united.
“We are one community; united in grief; and strong in our common belief in peace and freedom.”
A minute’s silence to remember those who were killed in last night’s attack will be held across the country at 11am on Tuesday.