London Bridge terror attack: Two men arrested in Barking and Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the London Bridge attack have made two more arrests.
A 27-year-old man was held at an address in Ilford last night and a 28-year-old male was held in Barking in the early hours of this morning.
The arrests brings the total people held over the attack to 20.
There are currently another five people being held in custody in connection with the atrocity that left eight dead and dozens injured on June 3.
The man in Ilford is being held on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts and the 28-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
As arrests continue to mount, investigators released new details about the planning and methods of the three attackers and their van and knife rampage.
Pakistani-born British citizen Khuram Butt, from Barking, attempted to hire a 7.5 tonne lorry hours before the attack, although the group used a B&Q van loaded with bags of gravel instead.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
Butt, 27, and his two accomplices, Rachid Redouane, 30, from Barking, who claimed to be Moroccan-Libyan, and Youssef Zaghba, a 22-year-old Italian national of Moroccan descent, thought to be from Ilford, were shot dead by armed police.
Of the 20 people arrested in connection with the probe, 12 have been released without charge.
One man arrested on suspicion of drugs and firearms offences was bailed until a date in late June.
The victims have been formally identified as Christine Archibald, 30, Kirsty Boden; 28, Sara Zelenak, 21, Sebastien Belanger, 36, Alexandre Pigeard, 26, James McMullan, 32, Ignacio Echeverría Miralles de Imperial, 39, and Xavier Thomas, 45.