London City Airport promises ‘more visible’ police presence after Westminster terror attack
- Credit: Archant
Security is being stepped up at London City Airport in the wake of a terror attack outside Parliament this afternoon.
The attacker mowed down several pedestrians as he drove a grey Hyundai i40 across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings then running through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbing a police officer, who died at the scene. The assailant was then shot by police.
A woman has died and a number of people are believed to have been injured from the attack at Westminster Bridge.
A City Airport spokesman said they were working closely with the Met to maintain the “safety and security of our passengers”.
“While there is no specific threat to London City Airport, given today’s suspected terrorist incident at Westminster, our Met police partners will be more visible at and around the airport – for the safety and reassurance of all.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are with all those affected by today’s events, and their families.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL