London riots: Barking rampage set to cost tens of thousands of pounds
Looters raided shops in Barking last night, costing businesses tens of thousands of pounds.
Yobs armed with bricks clashed with riot police, smashing windows and setting cars alight from 7pm.
Vicarage Field shopping centre in Ripple Road shut at 2.30pm today, after its Warren James jewellers and a Vodafone store were targeted by looters.
Staff at Warren James estimate tens of thousands of pounds of gold and jewellery was stolen.
Tesco in Highbridge Road and JD Sports in Ripple Road were also looted.
You may also want to watch:
Rioters smashed windows of council offices in Ripple Road and vandalised Comet and Coral bookmakers.
A Trade Local meeting expected to take place at the Spotted Dog pub in Longbridge Road, Barking, today has been cancelled.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital