London riots: Man held as Barking victim Asyraf Raziq leaves hospital
A man has been held on suspicion of robbing a riot victim moments after he was beaten up by looters.
Mohammed Asyraf Raziq, 20, was helped to his feet by youths who then stole his Sony games console from his rucksack in Queen’s Road, Barking, on Monday night.
The Malaysian student had just suffered a broken jaw and had his bicycle stolen after being charged at by 100 thugs.
Mr Raziq is now recovering at home after being treated at Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
The Met said today a robbery suspect believed to be in his 20s had been taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
Donations have poured in for the student who has vowed to press ahead with his accountancy studies in the capital despite the attack.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?