London Road collision: Woman arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm
- Credit: Sophie Morton
Police arrest 29-year-old in Barking as they investigate attack on man injured after car collision.
Police investigating an incident in which a pedestrian was injured following a collision with a car have arrested a woman in London Road.
The driver of the car, a 29-year-old woman, stopped at the scene and was held on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. She remains in custody.
Officers and paramedics tended to the 50-year-old man, who was taken to an east London hospital after the incident at 10.35pm yesterday.
He sustained non life-threatening injuries, said police.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon was put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident - roads reopened at around 6.30am today.
Enquiries continue with officers from the East Area Command Unit investigating.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week