London Road collision: Woman arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm
- Credit: Sophie Morton
Police arrest 29-year-old in Barking as they investigate attack on man injured after car collision.
Police investigating an incident in which a pedestrian was injured following a collision with a car have arrested a woman in London Road.
The driver of the car, a 29-year-old woman, stopped at the scene and was held on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. She remains in custody.
Officers and paramedics tended to the 50-year-old man, who was taken to an east London hospital after the incident at 10.35pm yesterday.
He sustained non life-threatening injuries, said police.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon was put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident - roads reopened at around 6.30am today.
Enquiries continue with officers from the East Area Command Unit investigating.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault