London Road collision: Woman arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm
- Credit: Sophie Morton
Police arrest 29-year-old in Barking as they investigate attack on man injured after car collision.
Police investigating an incident in which a pedestrian was injured following a collision with a car have arrested a woman in London Road.
The driver of the car, a 29-year-old woman, stopped at the scene and was held on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. She remains in custody.
Officers and paramedics tended to the 50-year-old man, who was taken to an east London hospital after the incident at 10.35pm yesterday.
He sustained non life-threatening injuries, said police.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon was put in place while emergency services dealt with the incident - roads reopened at around 6.30am today.
Enquiries continue with officers from the East Area Command Unit investigating.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood